We are looking for a React developer for a full-time, fully remote, permanent position. You will be our first hire and will assume overall responsibility for our frontend development efforts.
Heron Web builds bespoke software solutions for SMEs. We eliminate inefficiences within the businesses we work with by creating web-based systems unique to each organisation. The company has grown steadily since its founding in 2018 and now requires additional engineering capacity.
We are looking for a committed and motivated individual who is self-starting and independent. You must have excellent time management as your hours will be split across multiple projects.
Day-to-day, you’ll work closely with the founder to fulfil the requirements of our clients. You'll implement each project's frontend as a single-page web app, using React and modern browser features.
You’ll test your code and ensure it adheres to the best practices and high standards of ourselves and the wider web community. You’ll then review your work and push it out to production via our fully automated CI/CD systems.
- You should be experienced with React, preferably within the context of large web apps, but this is not a firm requirement.
- It’s desirable you have some familiarity with Redux, React Router, Axios, and Material UI for React, as we use them extensively.
- You’re adept at using Git to version control your code.
- You are able to design compelling UIs using component toolkits.
- You quickly acquaint yourself with codebases which you have not created; you then work confidently within them.
- You are resilient, a quick learner, and a strong problem solver. You must be ready to acquire new skills at short notice. Each project comes with unknowns and you’ll be responsible for resolving them within the context of the frontend. You should be willing to engage with emerging frontend development disciplines.
- You have a conscience. You want to do things right and well, and you pay attention to detail. You’re mindful of web best practices (accessibility, performance, and security in particular) and apply them scrupulously within your work. You are self-motivated to make every project and every line of code the best it can be.
Candidates with demonstrable experience of building complex web apps with React will be favoured.
Applicants with no commercial experience will nonetheless be considered for this role. You must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of the technologies we use, backed by some evidence of your technical capabilities. It's imperative you're a quick learner, resilient to criticism, and self-motivated to improve your skills.
- £2,000/mo salary.
- 25 days holiday per year, in addition to all Bank Holidays.
- Flexible hours (overlap with 9am - 6pm will be required).
- Fully remote permanent position (candidates in West Oxfordshire will be preferred, to facilitate future in-person meet-ups and to maintain the business as an Oxfordshire company).
- The opportunity to work with modern web technologies and pioneer how we build solutions for our clients. You’ll have ultimate responsibility for our frontend engineering. You’ll decide how you work and will be able to influence the tech stack we use.
Email email@example.com to apply.
All applicants must be individuals resident in the UK.